They discuss the ongoing situation in Venezuela where there have been large scale anti-government protests and the way these protests have been reported the western media which has been simplistic and quite binary ‘lazy media’.
It’s a great chat covering a lot of ground.
- [instagram-feed id="1698917"]
- Academic Stuff
- Design Resources
- IEAA Transnational Education Forum 2016
- Social Media
TagsAmerica asia australia biography book review budget careers corruption democracy design diaspora elections England europe far-right fiction free speech history hitchens ideology India journalism learning & teaching legislation lists media migrant mission missions music non-fiction politics productivity race reading rhetoric rule of law social change steinbeck stoicism textual analysis the state wikileaks writing
- A response to opening keynote by Prof Alastair Summerlee at HERDSA2016, or why I worry that Australian students are pragmatic, pessimistic, and petrified
- Book Review: Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass
- Reading Challenge 2016 – Update
- My 2015 in books
- Book Review: The Year of the Runaways by Sunjeev Sahota