I have been reading Christopher Hitchens variously on the websites of Vanity Fair, Slate, The Nation and various websites. I especially have enjoyed watching various clips of him on Youtube. I started reading him properly after I got this God Is Not Great. It was a good book but I was particularly taken by his writing. He is a great writer and wordsmith. So I have been slowly making my way through this various books.
While this is not a mission like my attempt to read all of Steinbeck, I would like to read as much as I can. So I can got his bibliography from his wikipedia page, and am slowly working my way through it. I have greyed out the books I am not intending to read but will try to read the rest of them.
- 1984 Cyprus. Revised editions as Hostage to History: Cyprus from the Ottomans to Kissinger, 1989 and 1997.
- 1987 Imperial Spoils: The Curious Case of the Elgin Marbles. Reissued and updated 2008 as The Parthenon Marbles: The Case for Reunification.
- 1988 Prepared for the Worst: Selected Essays and Minority Reports.
- 1990 The Monarchy: A Critique of Britain’s Favorite Fetish. Chatto & Windus, 1990.
- 1990 Blood, Class, and Nostalgia: Anglo-American Ironies. Reissued 2004, with a new introduction, as Blood, Class and Empire: The Enduring Anglo-American Relationship.
- 1993 For the Sake of Argument: Essays and Minority Reports.
1995 The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice .(read Sep 2012)
- 1999 No One Left to Lie To: The Triangulations of William Jefferson Clinton. Reissued as No One Left to Lie To: The Values of the Worst Family in 2000.
- 2000 Unacknowledged Legislation: Writers in the Public Sphere.
- 2001 The Trial of Henry Kissinger.
- 2001 Letters to a Young Contrarian. (in-progress)
- 2002 Why Orwell Matters. (in-progress)
- 2003 A Long Short War: The Postponed Liberation of Iraq.
- 2004 Love, Poverty, and War: Journeys and Essays.
- 2005 Thomas Jefferson: Author of America.
- 2006 Thomas Paine’s “Rights of Man”: A Biography.
2007 God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything.(read 2011)
- 2007 The Portable Atheist: Essential Readings for the Non-Believer
2010 Hitch-22 Some Confessions and Contradictions: A Memoir. (read Aug 2012)
- 2011 Arguably: Essays by Christopher Hitchens. (in-progress)
2012 Mortality.(read Sep 2012)